On Friday May 4th, 2018 at the 9th Annual Halton Food for Thought Spring Breakfast Gala,
we filled the Oakville Conference Centre with compassionate people dedicated to helping our vision,
a Halton where no student goes hungry at school, become a reality.
We heard stories of inspiration and witnessed an unbelievable outpouring of both spirit and finances.
On hand to support healthy school eating were the following special guests and dignitaries:
• Halton Hills Mayor Rick Bonnette
• Burlington Mayor Rick Goldring
• Milton Councillor Mike Cluett
• Oakville Councillor Cathy Duddeck
• Burlington Councillors Paul Sharman and Marianne Meed Ward
• Both Director’s of Education – Paula Dawson and Stuart Miller, as well as HCDSB Trustees Arlene Iantomasi, Diane Rabenda, and Mark Rowe and HDSB Trustees — Leah Reynolds, Joanna Oliver, Tracey Ehl Harrison, Andrea Grebenc, Jeanne Gray, Amy Collard and Donna Danielli
• Pam Damoff, MP for Oakville, North Burlington
• Eleanor McMahon, MPP Burlington, President of the Treasury Board and Minister Responsible for Digital Government
• Kevin Flynn, MPP Oakville, Minister of Labour and, Indira Naidoo-Harris, MPP Halton, Minister of Education.
Special thank you to our Gala Sponsors, Restaurant Marketplace Vendors, MANY Raffle and Auction Item donors and the Air Canada Foundation!