The Great Big Crunch is returning to Halton in October 2017!
The Great Big Crunch Initiative 2017 is a MONTH-LONG FOCUS ON HEALTHY LOCAL EATING complete with weekly educational resources, The Great Big Crunch Song and video, and of course one amazing GREAT BIG CRUNCH on Thursday October 26th, 2017.
WOW – Such a wonderful response!!! Our goal this year was to engage 40,000 students from 80 participating schools across Halton. We also welcome food enthusiasts, dignitaries, politicians and the media to join in on the fun!
Thank you to the over 90 HDSB and HCDSB “crunch sites”, and over 55,000 crunchers who joined us this year!
NEW for 2017:
- Great Big Crunch Fun and Fruity Daily School Announcements
- Great Big Crunch True False Game
- Great Big Crunch Healthier Choice Game
- Great Big Crunch What Makes an Apple So Healthy Game
- Great Big Crunch partner Healthy Kids Community Challenge Burlington 10 5 2 1 0 video
Returning / updated from 2016:
- Great Big Crunch Video
- Great Big Crunch Activity Guide
- Great Big Crunch Word Search
- Great Big Crunch Apple Themed Book List with Activities
- Great Big Crunch HFFT Mascot Colouring Sheet
“The Great Big Crunch provided a terrific opportunity to celebrate healthy eating and highlight the availability of local foods,” said Jennifer Spence, Co-Project Lead Healthy Kids Community Challenge Burlington. “The proportion of obese children has nearly tripled in the last 25 years. Partnerships like these help spread the word about the importance of healthy snacking to school age children and make learning about healthy local eating fun.”