Our vision is a Halton Region where “no student goes hungry at school”! We are getting close, with 200 programs in 130 Halton schools, but our work is not done. Currently there are 30 Halton schools without a Student Nutrition Program; 15 are on a waitlist.
At an average of $5,000 per Student Nutrition Program, winning $10,000 through #GivingChallengeCA would allow Halton Food for Thought the opportunity to partner with 2 NEW Halton schools, and get them off that wait list!
Did you know:
· Since the addition of healthy foods during the school day, 83% of partner schools report seeing an increase in student readiness to learn
· 69% report students demonstrate an overall improvement in school performance and academic success since starting their Student Nutrition Program
· Since including healthy foods into the school community, 87% of partner schools report students demonstrate greater energy levels
· 63% of new partner schools report seeing a reduction in at risk student behaviour
· 87% of partner schools report increased student participation in classroom activities (and enhanced attentiveness)
· Since starting their Student Nutrition Program, 79% of partner schools report their students are more engaged within their school community.