In partnership with the community, we feed students healthy food so they can succeed.
Halton Food for Thought (HFFT) is proud to partner with Food for Life (FFL) to provide Halton Elementary and Secondary students, universal access to nutritious, perishable, and non-perishable food to fuel their learning. Weekly HFFT Healthy Student Snack Bags will consist of a minimum of 3 nutritious snacks per student per school day; no fee or registration required.
PLEASE NOTE – HFFT’s final Healthy Student Snack Bag Program final distribution week was June 21st – 25th 2021.
Together we have built an inclusive and safe plan to meet student needs, whether they learn from home or in person, during these ever changing and challenging times.
- Using Food for Life’s current distribution system we will provide weekly deliveries to FFL designated priority neighbourhoods across Halton.
- To reach students outside of these neighbourhoods, we also have several strategically spaced community pick up locations across Halton to ensure ease of access.
- The list of available community pick up locations will expand as we continue to identify appropriate distribution partners and community need. See HFFT Healthy Student Snack Bag FAQ regularly for any updates.
- HFFT Healthy Student Snack Bags are to be picked up by Halton students / student families. They are not delivered to schools.
- HFFT Healthy Student Snack Bags support student success whether they learn from home or in person
- PLEASE NOTE – HFFT’s final Healthy Student Snack Bag Program final distribution week was June 21st – 25th 2021
These are our students, and they deserve our support, now more than ever!
Together we #FeedTheirFuture!
The HFFT Healthy Student Snack Bag program is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund and Burlington Foundation #ECSFund @CommFdnsCanada
Ontario Trillium Foundation Resilient Communities Fund investments work to complement existing emergency response funding and aligns with OTF’s mandate to support the capacity of non-profit organizations and build healthy and vibrant communities across Ontario @ONTrillium