During these uncertain, unprecedented and unsettling times, we at Halton Food for Thought want to share some HFFT FEELS…stories that show just how much our community cares for one another.
As previously shared via HFFT social media:
Handmade Fabric Mask Initiative Milton
- Handmade Fabric Mask Initiative – email firstname.lastname@example.org or on Instagram DM idc.brand_ to order yours today! Milton delivery, porch pick up or Canada Post options. $5/ mask. All proceeds support @HaltonFFT #FeedTheirFuture #makeadifference
Dining Card Donation
- @HaltonFFT Student Nutrition Program Coordinator donates $100 dining gift cards to 6 local families in need to help celebrate a special occasion during these uncertain times. Thank you to our community of #volunteers who #makeadifference in the lives of Halton students
It Takes A Village Initiative
- Chris Caunce encouraged families to put their imagination to work painting $5 wooden canvases he made. In total Chris’s initiative brought in a whopping $1000 with all proceeds to @HaltonFFT. Thank you Chris and all those who place orders! #makeadifference
Handmade Face Mask Initiative Burlington
- Homemade face masks on request by Burl teen entrepreneur Paige- support @HaltonFFT. Porch pick- up/delivery Order Now! DM Instagram @_simply.scrunchies or email@example.com “Together we will continue to feed Halton students and their families during these unprecedented times”
Weekly Nutritious Food Bags
- @janemcKennapc: The Together! We Feed Students! partnership between Halton Food for Thought, Food for Life, Food4Kids Halton and the Halton District School Board and Halton Catholic District School Board is using existing infrastructure to provide at home food delivery to students and families in the #BurlON community during this #COVID19 crisis. Thank you to these organizations for the role they play in helping to ensure the health, well-being and success of our students and families.
Summer Food Boxes
- #ThankfulThursday shout out to the volunteers who helped pack Summer Food Boxes to support @HCDSB @HaltonDSB student families! Together, @HaltonFFT & @foodforlife #FeedTheirFuture & provide a little family fun too- check out a surprise inside from @JohnTavaresFDN #brightfutures
Exciting New Partnership
- @JohnTavaresFDN: We are thrilled to announce our partnership with @HaltonFFT, an organization that works with the community to ensure students receive nutritious breakfasts, snacks and lunches served before or during school hours, giving every child their best chance to succeed.
Stay safe. Stay well.