Community Development Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
We feed kids. Healthy Food. Thousands Every Day.
That’s the short story. For two decades, Halton Food for Thought has ensured that Halton students have access to healthy food options while at school. We partner with Boards of Education and the community to support Student Nutrition Programs for students from kindergarten to high school. And, what’s really cool is that all of this food is free of charge to students. We know that by feeding students, we not only give them the energy necessary to learn; we encourage them to develop healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime. This can improve their chance for success.
- Develop and implement programs within schools from presentation stage through to program implementation, working with school administration and volunteers to develop programs specific to each school and creating timelines for successful program launch.
- Monitor the delivery of the programs and services within schools with the goal of maintaining or improving quality though adherence to Program Guidelines, Nutrition Guidelines and the mission and vision of the agency.
- Provide training during on-site visits and agency workshops.
- Ensure schools understand and adhere to program budget and are submitting reports on time.
- Keep schools informed about Halton Food for Thought programs and activities
- Manage a team of Volunteer Coordinators and answer all concerns and questions in a timely and service -oriented manner.
- Provide the Executive Director (ED) with program and district reporting as required.
- Maintain all records for programs including monthly reports and statistical information.
- Inform the ED of all issues or potential issues, both internal and external, that may affect HFFT, its programs or its ability to deliver on its commitments.
Community Relations / Advocacy:
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with area community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to increase awareness of SNP’s and the agency’s mission and vision.
- Participate and support fundraising activities established by HFFT to generate funds to support programs and services.
- Build relationships with school principals, administrative staff and business managers to ensure there is administrative support for their programs.
- Assist with identification of new fundraising opportunities (i.e. local businesses, service groups).
- Act as the representative of HFFT at school and community events that will promote the organization community profile or draw volunteers.
- Represent HFFT on local Community Committees and Food Groups as needed.
- All staff will adhere to COVID protocol (* COVID measures are subject to change based on changes in local health guidelines and may be further restricted by any host location’s protocols). Please refer to the COVID Policy for updated information.
- Work out of the office location one day per week and work remotely the remainder of the week.
- This is a full-time position working 35 hours per week with a pro-rated 5 week leave during the summer. Some evening and weekends and lots of early mornings are required.
Halton Food for Thought will continue to adhere to and provide a safe environment for ourselves and our volunteers following established procedures to minimize the risk of injury or harm.
If interested, please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
Halton Food for Thought is an equal opportunity employer prioritizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity.