Director of Philanthropy and Communications
Reports To: Executive Director
We feed kids. Healthy Food. Thousands Every Day.
That’s the short story. For two decades, Halton Food for Thought has ensured that Halton students have access to healthy food options while at school. We partner with Boards of Education and the community to support Student Nutrition Programs for students from kindergarten to high school. And, what’s really cool is that all of this food is free of charge to students. We know that by feeding students, we not only give them the energy necessary to learn; we encourage them to develop healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime. This can improve their chance for success.
Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Maintain a system to ensure long-term fundraising planning through development plans, fundraising targets, and evaluation of fund development efforts.
- Prepare reports to support the strategic analysis of fundraising initiatives and donor prospects, as well as to provide summaries of program activity and monthly financial reporting.
- Implement and maintain annual program for Donor Stewardship and customized recognition by donor segment.
- Conduct regular, personal and meaningful interactions with priority donors and prospects through written communications, events, face-to-face meetings and conversations.
- Research, identify, secure and manage large donor and fund development opportunities in cooperation with the Executive Director, including but not exclusive to grant writing.
- Research public and private grant sources (agencies, corporations and foundations) to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted fu
- Develop and grow HFFT’s donor base; manage an annual giving campaign and cultivate major gifts.
- Establish corporate volunteering opportunities and work in conjunction with HFFT Community Development Managers to determine school placement and follow-up procedures once volunteering has begun.
- Work with Executive Director and team to ensure consistency of branding and messages for external communications.
- Ensure consistency, quality, accuracy and timeliness of all communications.
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress.
- Manage the branding of all HFFT print, promotional and electronic materials for both internal and external communications.
- Work with the team to create and develop all promotional materials & templates, allowing staff and volunteers to take action on behalf of HFFT and present key, consistent messages within the community.
- Maintain and develop media relationships and opportunities, disseminating messages through the appropriate channels as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the HFFT website and social media channels are sustained and updated as per the communications plan.
- Speak on behalf of the agency in the case of emergency or media events and fill in for the Executive Director as needed.
- Support awareness campaigns in our communities ensuring a consistent presence and message about who we are and what we do.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of three-five years’ experience in a non-profit organization, foundation, and/or higher education institution with progressively responsible experience in successful fundraising and business development experience. Certification or pursuit of certification as CFRE is an asset.
- Successful track record in researching and targeting significant funding opportunities at corporate, private and foundation levels.
- Demonstrated skills in building relationships with partners, donors and prospects.
- Effective proposal writing skills and proven success in completing grant applications and reports.
- Knowledge of online tools for donor, community engagement including web-based fundraising applications, email subscription services, ecommerce, B2B etc.
- Experience with CRM programs (like GiftWorks, Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud / E Tapestry), MS Word, Excel and PPT; Photoshop and other design programs would be an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends.
If interested, please apply via email@example.com
Halton Food for Thought is an equal opportunity employer prioritizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity.