Thanks to a small staff team at Medigas Milton, over $420 has been donated to date to Student Nutrition Programs in the area. WOW!
@MedigasCanada believes in #supportingcharitiesisinmyjeans, which is why they have chosen to donate the proceeds from their Dress Down Friday’s (a Medigas Canada Wide Community Support Initiative) to ensure students in Milton have access to the nutritious food they need to fuel a full day of learning.
According to Canada’s Food Guide – the food choices made at school can have an impact on a child’s overall health. Children spend a large portion of their day at school. Making healthy food choices while at school is important because school meals (like Halton Food for Thought healthy breakfast, lunch and snack programs) provide children with the energy and nutrients they need throughout the day, and are a major source of the essential vitamins and minerals they need to grow and develop. We could not agree more!
Did you know:
· Since the addition of healthy foods during the school day, 91% of HFFT partner schools report seeing an increase in student readiness to learn
· 82% report students demonstrate an overall improvement in school performance / academic success since starting their HFFT Student Nutrition Program
· Since including healthy foods into the school community, 95% of HFFT partner schools report students demonstrate greater energy levels
· 79% of new HFFT partner schools report seeing a reduction in at-risk student behaviour
· 88% of HFFT partner schools report increased student participation in classroom activities (and enhanced attentiveness)
· Since starting their HFFT Student Nutrition Program, 84% of partner schools report their students are more engaged within their school community
Thank you to the Medigas team for helping to ensure #nostudentgoeshungry in Milton, one nutritious school meal or snack at a time!
To learn more about how your team can support Halton Food for Thought and Student Nutrition Programs in Halton visit www.haltonfoodforthought.com or join us at this year’s Breakfast Bash Friday May 3rd at the Oakville Conference Centre www.breakfastbash.com